The 11th Budapest Circus Festival was held between the 7th and 11th of January 2016.
The first Budapest Circus Festival was held in 1996 and as a result of the notion and casting of the professionals of the Hungarian Circus And Variety Non-profit Ltd. (MACIVA) it soon proved to be equal with the great festivals of the circus world: in addition to Monte Carlo, Latina and Moscow also Budapest has become an important meeting place for the circus art.
1. Paul Chen – unicycle (Germany)
2. Totti Alexis – clown (Spain)
3. Fratelli Rossi – icarian games (Spain)
4. Biritz Ákos – strap act (Hungary)
5. Duo Acro – ladder act (Russia)
6. Isaac Aborah – juggler (Ghana)
7. Duo Phykov – rope act (Russia)
8. Family Urunov: Liberty – horse act (Russia)
9. Totti Alexis – clown (Spain)
10. The Gerlings – wheel of death (Columbia)
11. Flying Farfans – fliegende (USA)
12. Orchestral act
13. Totti Alexis – clown (Spain)
14. Artists – Rola Bola act (Ukraine)
15. Heejin: Snowqueen – handstand (Mongolia)
16. Family Urunov: Cabriolet – horse act (Russia)
17. Vitaly Mironov – juggler (Russia)
18. Trio Power Line – power-lifting act (Hungary)
19. Totti Alexis – clown (Spain)
20. Troupe Skokov – Russian swing (Russia)
1. Emil Faltiny – ladder act (Czech Republic)
2. Mr. Lorenz – clown (Italy)
3. Jeton – juggler (Germany)
4. Family Urunov: Liberty – horse act (Russia)
5. Duo Trapeze – aerial act (Russia)
6. Dias Family – icarian games (Portugal)
7. Mr. Lorenz – clown (Italy)
8. Nicol Nicols – wire act (Spain)
9. X-Treme Brothers – handstand (Romania)
10. Extreme Fly – highbar act (Ukraine)
11. Mr. Lorenz – clown (Italy)
12. Eonys – rod act (France)
13. Family Urunov: Cabriolet – horse act (Russia)
14. Dias Family – ladder act (Portugal)
15. Sergii Novikov – strap act (Ukraine)
16. Silver Power – power-lifting act (Hungary)
17. Duo Nonstop – Rola Bola act (Ukraine)
18. Mr. Lorenz – clown (Italy)
19. The Gerlings – highwire act (Columbia)
Tihany (Francz Czeisler) - life-president of the jury
Juvenile and Hungarian show
Monday, 11 January 2016, 11:00 AM
Széchenyi Thermal Bath and Swimming Pool, Marble room
They were discussing the circus of the future
How can the prestige of the circus be increased in the society? How can modern technology be used during the performances? These two forward-looking and exciting issues were discussed by the professional conference of the European Circus Association.
The European Circus Association (ECA) was established for the circuses of Europe in 2002, in order to be able to promote their art and preserve the values thereof all over the continent. During the professional conference, famous Hungarian and foreign professionals discussed new ways of increasing the prestige of the circus in the society. On the other hand, they also negotiated such novelties in sound-, light- and video technology, which may be used by the performances of circuses.
The language of the conference was in English.
- The rise of the prestige of the Circus/ Social Message of the Circus
Valérie Fratellini – Director of l'Académie Fratellini
Fekete Péter – General Director of Capital Circus of Budapest
Csonka-Takács Eszter – Director of Department of Intangible Cultural Heritage (Hungarian Open Air Museum)
Dr. Rodney Huey – Ph.D. circus researher of Fédération Mondiale du Cirque (FMC)
- Modern technics in Circus World
Fekete Péter – General Director of Capital Circus of Budapest and
Bodnár V. Róbert – video manager, film director
Elek Sándor – Manager (VOTEC Kft.)
ExperiDance: Ambassador-at-large of Hungarian Dance Culture for 15 Years
There are artists who provide example for all of us.
Ferenc Czeisler, alias Tihany, the forefather of the world of acrobats was born in 1916 in Hungary. His unique career started at the age of 13 when he left for Uruguay to try his fortune. He returned home some years later and was working as a street artist first and a professional magician later. He went to Brazil with his family in 1953 and established the Tihany Magician Circus that became the most beautiful circus of the South-American Continent during its more than fifty years of existence. His travelling circus has been the most important and most successful one for more than fifty years. Mr. Tihany retired in 1984 as an artist but managed his circus until his death in 2016.
1955 – Establishment of Tihany Magician Circus
1978 - Academy of Magical Arts Award
1987 - Masters Fellowship Award
The world famous and respected artist was the permanent member of the umpires of the International Circus Festival in Budapest from 1996 and the eternal chairman of the honourable umpires from 2004 until his death in 2016.
Trio Power Line